Baby Turtle Bodyworks offers massage therapy in which Western therapeutic techniques are informed by traditional Asian healing philosophies. Integrating different massage styles, we provide bespoke treatments for our clients' specific needs.
- Deep Tissue: Slow massage targeting deep muscle areas. Ideal for athletes or those recovering from injury.
- Russian Sports Massage: Fast strokes that increase circulation and provide heat to targeted areas. Often used to complement athletic training, Russian Sports Massage provides an invigorating alternative to Deep Tissue.
- Zen Touch Shiatsu: A Japanese bodywork technique that focuses on balancing the kyo (empty) and jitsu (full) energies of the body. A nurturing style of massage that promotes well being and balance.
- Parasympathetic Massage: Stimulation of the ‘rest and digest’ branch of the nervous system. Encourages patterns of brain activity associated with relaxation and healing.
- Trigger Point Therapy: A variety of massage techniques targeting the nodules of tension that refer pain to other areas.
- PNF: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation. Assisted stretching that increases the range of motion of specific muscle groups. Increases flexibility and improves posture.
- Chair Massage: A popular alternative to massage on a table, Chair Massage targets the back, neck and shoulders. Even if just as a fifteen-minute break from work, it is the perfect antidote to a stressful day.
- Thai Traditional Massage: A vigorous style of bodywork that uses compression and facilitated Thai Yoga stretches. An integral part of the Thai medical tradition, this is an intense and rewarding experience.